Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts: Beauty in the Small Things

I did not publish any blog posts last week because I "ran away" to my mom's cabin in the woods where there is no computer (no TV either). It was a special time of resting, relaxing, and spending time with Mama. Because of some wonderful summer rains, there was an abundance of wildflowers in all varieties, sizes and colors. During some of our walks I took her camera and had a great time experimenting with the macro and super macro settings as I photographed some of what we saw.
The mushrooms also loved the moisture. They ranged in size from really big to incredibly small:
There were numerous butterflies enjoying the flowers, and teensey frogs (about 1/2" long) delighting in the puddles and ponds left by the rains:
One day we were extremely blessed to see this tiny fawn, curled up and hiding next to a log that had fallen across our path. Although we tried to be very quiet so as not to disturb him, he sensed us, got up, and dantily hurried off to a safer spot.
 
All-in-all it was a fantastic week and I am so thankful for the wonders we were privileged to experience.

4 comments:

  1. Awe...I was thinking the flowers were beautiful, until I saw the fawn! How amazing...I love God's creations! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lavon - the photographs are just a glory to the Lord!

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I just took a short vacation!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavon, what beautiful pictures!! The fawn is too cute! What a blessing to see that. Glad you got away for some R and R.
    Christie (luvncrafts)

    ReplyDelete