Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Favorite: Regina of Vivatregina

Today I would like to introduce you to a wonderful crafter and fellow CAC (Christian Artists and Craftsmen) teammate, Regina, and her beautiful shop Vivatregina. Here is her story, told in her words.
My name is Regina and I'm married to a wonderful man named Joey who is a Youth Minister. We live a very busy, but wonderful life. We got married after only knowing each other for 3 months but we've been married for 3 1/2 years now and I liken our marriage to wine--It gets better with age.
 
  Right now Joey and I have no children. We have 1 golden retriever, and 1 1/2 cats. I say that, not because we have half a cat but because she's only around half the time. She comes in, eats, drinks, sometimes sleeps, and then she's gone again. Those are our children for now BUT, we have started the paperwork for adoption and we're just hoping that goes quickly and smoothly. :)

 We live in Levelland, TX. It's pretty much the perfect town for me and I absolutely LOVE it! The only thing I would change is for Levelland to be closer to Oklahoma and my family. I work from home for an online high school. I was EXTREMELY blessed to get this job when I did and I am EXTREMEMLY blessed to have it now.

I like to stay busy. I'm not a person who just sits in the evening and watches TV. I like to be doing something. SOOO... If I am watching TV (which I usually watch crime shows or reality TV) I'll work on jewelry or something. Joey tells me I have more hobbies than Hobby Lobby, because besides making jewelry I like to sew, scrapbook, take pictures, read, write, draw, paint, knit, shop, play games, watch sports, play sports, cook, bake, garden, talk and drink coffee with friends, help people plan weddings, and follow our Youth Group around going to their activities. :) Like I said, I like to stay busy so I'm ALWAYS doing something. :)

I've only been making jewelry for about a year now. I celebrated my Etsy-versary in June! :D For inspiration I like looking at jewelry online or in magazines and adding my own style or design to something. I also make jewelry for specific outfits and occassions. Also buying new beads or finding new beads or bead stores inspires me to create! Right now my favorite item isn't in my shop. haha. I made a necklace yesterday and I'm so in love with it I don't think I can sell it. That's the hardest part about creating something to sell on Etsy--Sometimes you fall so in love with an item that you can't bear to part with it.

Come visit Vivatregina on etsy and take a look at all the beautiful items she has to offer (the ones she was willing to part with, LOL).

4 comments:

  1. I really love Regina - She is such a sweetheart!

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great article! I learned a little bit more about Regina from reading this feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lavon for such an amazing feature! I'm SOOO honored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so much fun! Her jewelry is beautiful and she is a very giving person as well!

    ReplyDelete